1. Maimonides was famous for his interpretations of which text? (Points : 1)
The Hebrew Bible
The menu at Manny s Delicatessen
Kant s Critique of Pure Reason
The Qur an
2. Empiricism emphasizes (Points : 1)
geometry and algebra.
the importance of the senses for knowledge.
that the senses interfere with knowledge.
innate ideas of reason.
3. The first Western philosopher to write a systematic account of logic was (Points : 1)
4. Who was Socrates greatest student? (Points : 1)
5. The unexamined life is not worth living for human beings is attributed to (Points : 1)
6. The study of the rules of reasoning and how one should think is called (Points : 1)
None of these choices
7. Philosophy can develop which of the following skills? (Points : 1)
All of these choices
8. Medieval philosophy was most strongly influenced by which combination? (Points : 1)
Babylonian and Persian Philosophy
Christianity and Hinduism
Christianity and Greek Philosophy
Christianity and Persian Philosophy
9. The history of philosophy would describe Immanuel Kant as a (Points : 1)
10. Skeptics are those who think we should (Points : 1)
doubt many of our knowledge claims.
determine truth with mathematics.
avoid other people.